Tuesday, April 16, 2013

New Twitter Handles

The information I saw on the twitter accounts that I recently followed were somewhat interesting. They seem to all focus or relate to rights for immigrants in the United States. Each handle serves as an advocate for equality. Some specifically focus on rights for those who are currently in prison. I think these twitter handles are useful for the fact that our news is keeping up with our evolving society. Having this information provided on a social network gives people an alternative to grabbing a newspaper or watching Channel 7. I think one major downfall of this method is in the personal accounts because the tweeter's social life becomes too involved and it partially takes away from the informational aspect of the account. Otherwise, I believe the use of twitter is important to spread such information due to the fact that our world is technologically-oriented.
On the @BAMN (By Any Means Necessary) account I recently followed, they represent a protest group fighting for integration and immigrant rights. They post their events and connect with other twitter handles to spread their message and voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment